Help on how to color match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWHOE775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I want to color match the grill except the chrome, side farings (wheel wells) top bumper cap. Any ideas on how to prep the areas so paint can stick. And what kind of paint to use. I want to do it myself save me a few bucks. Any ideas or help would be great
ahama8uh.jpg
uqe5yzab.jpg
veburu7y.jpg

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Sand, grease & oil remover/acetone, adhesion promoter, paint, and clear. That's how I've always done it.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
what he said and good luck make sure it's all smooth.

Last edited:

painter13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey! I'm a painter by trade, and what I always do, since these parts have texture. I scuff use a d/a sander and some 180 grit paper and buzz as much of the texture away then I spray a few (3) wet coats of some 2k primer. After the primer has cured, about 6 hrs. I sand it down with some 600 grit wet paper and then paint. This sounds like a lot of work, and it is! But if you want the parts to be as smooth as the rest of your truck, that's just what you have to do... if it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus