Help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubC75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello newb here and not sure if posting correctly. My apologies in advance. I have a 2009 Chevy Tahoe LS Sport 4.8l . While driving my transmission lost 3rd. Then ask gears. It was a leaky pass through connector. In replaced that then went for test run. Everything was going great then lost 3rd on up. Thought it was shift solenoid or pressure solenoid. So i bought complete master solenoid replacement kit and harness. After install i still do not have past second gear. Could it be the TCM or what could be the issue?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

@89Suburban has already reached out to @NickTransmissions , our resident transmission expert, and he will offer his thoughts and perspectives soon.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello newb here and not sure if posting correctly. My apologies in advance. I have a 2009 Chevy Tahoe LS Sport 4.8l . While driving my transmission lost 3rd. Then ask gears. It was a leaky pass through connector. In replaced that then went for test run. Everything was going great then lost 3rd on up. Thought it was shift solenoid or pressure solenoid. So i bought complete master solenoid replacement kit and harness. After install i still do not have past second gear. Could it be the TCM or what could be the issue?
Yank the transmission out for overhaul, 3-4 clutch is wiped.

Refer to my 4L60E Information thread for specifics on overhaul procedures, parts selection, tear down and inspection as well as hydraulics testing, diagnosis and repair.

OP
OP
D

DubC75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yank the transmission out for overhaul, 3-4 clutch is wiped.

Refer to my 4L60E Information thread for specifics on overhaul procedures, parts selection, tear down and inspection as well as hydraulics testing, diagnosis and repair.
Thankyou

OP
OP
D

DubC75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

@89Suburban has already reached out to @NickTransmissions , our resident transmission expert, and he will offer his thoughts and perspectives soon.
Thankyou NH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GourmetRealtor