Help Removing Old Wood Grain Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carleokj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,

I need help with instructions for how to remove the fake wood grain panels in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe LS. I was able to remove the door handle panels easily, but the front panels seem to be a bit of a challenge and I am trying to prevent any damage.

I got some carbon fiber contact paper that I am refacing the panels with.

Thanks in advance.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a sheet of real carbon fiber? I was looking to get sheets and wrap all the wood trim in the REAL carbon fiber sheets since they aren't really intricate trim pieces or anything.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They remove the same way, you just have to be more careful. I would use a flat head screwdriver but wrap something around the tip so it won't scratch anything. I managed to get mine off with just a bare flat head, and didn't scratch it. But covering it would be a good idea. There are also tools made for dash trim removal.

OP
OP
carleokj

carleokj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it a sheet of real carbon fiber? I was looking to get sheets and wrap all the wood trim in the REAL carbon fiber sheets since they aren't really intricate trim pieces or anything.

No just like a type of contact paper, but it does have a nice gloss.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Show us some pictures when it's finished!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Studer99