Help with alternator wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taythegoat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone . So I have a 2000 gmc Yukon Denali 5.7 l vortec motor . Recently changed alternator and wanted to change the alternator wiring harness . The harness currently on there is one terminal with only L wire but is a rectangle connector. I can’t find anything on how the new one could be wired as it has 3 terminals in SFL. I can’t find any new wiring harnesses that look like what is currently on my truck . Any insights would be helpful ( nvm resolved question on my own unsure how to delete )

Last edited:

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone may answer, but this website is for a different model. In 2000, there were OBS SUVs and NBS SUVs. This website is for the later NBS. You have the 2000 Classic, OBS body style if you have a 5.7L motor. I would suggest finding a website for OBS vehicles.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Someone may answer, but this website is for a different model. In 2000, there were OBS SUVs and NBS SUVs. This website is for the later NBS. You have the 2000 Classic, OBS body style if you have a 5.7L motor. I would suggest finding a website for OBS vehicles.

Moved this to the OBS section.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's very possible your alternator was rebuilt into becoming a "one wire" alternator. A test or rebuild of former alt best option.

If you have Fixed the problem, EDIT Title line. Add SOLVED, Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stickle