Help with LED rapid blinking problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, could really use some help here. I have a 2009 Yukon SLT and I replaced both the front and tails with Eagle Eyes LED lights. I put the heads in first and I had zero probs with rapid blinking UNTIL I added the tails about three weeks later! What is weird is that the rapid blinking only occurs on the left/driver's side and only when I apply the brakes! The vendor has been super and first we tried a new resistor box on the left tail and more recently a brand new left tail and the rapid blinking on the left side persists. Now I am wondering if it is the left front light or the flasher unit.

Anyone have an idea of what is going on? :emotions122:

Also, I was looking for the flasher unit and I cannot seem to locate it (still surfing Google in the hopes of finding some kind of illustration there). Anyone know where the unit is located on my vehicle.

Finally, has anyone had success with this fix?

http://ryoogle.com/LED/tahoe-hyper-flash-fix.php

or using the Super Bright LED flasher unit (although I think mine will be a 10 prong and I didn't see a 10 prong on the superbrightled.com website)?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LED tails -- which I thought I had all sorted out -- just started rapid-blinking yesterday. Not all the time, but after a second or two, and mostly the left one. So, I'm interested in hearing what the fix might be.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My left tail light will rapid flash too! Sometimes it will go for a week or so without doing it and I think that it's gone then it starts doing it again. Hopefully somebodys knows a quick fix.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fast blink

I had fast blinks on mine as well when I went to rear LEDs .

after lots of math I found 6 ohms to be about right for the rear lights.

it's the turn signal only, which is seperate from the brake.

I used these and it fixed mine.

http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning-Fix/Turn-Signal-Fix/6-OHM-50W-2-BULB-LED-p4783296.html

My new tail LEDs keep the turn / brake seperate. I do not know if the eagle eyes ones do.

Mine is an 09 LTZ...

Here is a link to my tails:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_rdc=1&item=160408269623

as you can see, they come with 12 ohm resistors, but that wasn't enough to cure the fast flash. I have used 6 ohm ones with great luck for the past 6 months.

I attached my install, best I could do w/a point + shoot camera. stock tail on left, LED on right. they are 100x brighter and light up SO much faster...

If you take the time it takes a regular tail light to light up vs LED at 60 mph it works out to about 14 feet!!! it only takes 1" to mean the ___hole behind you does or does not hit your car. at least I think its 14' it may be less, but its larger than I thought it would be... I don't have time to do the math today... just drop 400ms into excel and find the distance something would move at 60 or 70 mph.

Attachments

• 7426_1240127156171_1019051350_30767358_1912688_n.jpg
    7426_1240127156171_1019051350_30767358_1912688_n.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
If you have the G3's, you have to add a load resistor to the wiring. If you have G4's you should not have any issues with rapid blinking. But, a load resistor will take care of that issue for the most part.

OP
OP
FL_Yukon

FL_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine are G4s.

As to the 6 Ohm resistor, I think mine are 10 Ohm (cannot tell because there are no specs on the box and the only writing on it is "10R")

So the question is, did you replace the 12 Ohm with the 6 or add an additional 6 Ohm resistor?

SITREP: The vendor (Revotec - Who has been super to work with btw!) has contacted the manufacturer rep in Taiwan and he is am hopeful to hear something back today so I will post whatever update info they may provide.

BTW here are my tails:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08-09-CHEVY-SUBURBAN-TAHOE-YUKON-TAILLIGHTS-LED-G4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d25d5625dQQitemZ400066699869QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are G3s, which I suspect are the exact same thing as the G4s. Mine came with resistors, so they're either crapping out, or they need ADDITIONAL/DIFFERENT resistors, or something else entirely different is needed to cure the issue.

OP
OP
FL_Yukon

FL_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it will be interesting to see what, if anything, the manufacturer can do to solve the issue. I figure there has to be some kind of additional load that is on the left side to be causing this because of the fact I have zero problems with the right side.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I was told by the guy that sold me my G4's, that sometimes the resistor on the lights are not enough if you have other electronics in the truck. Im not sure how that would happen, but I also dont really know shit shit about the electrical stuff. But, you may just need an additional resistor.

Keep us posted on your status man. Good luck!

OP
OP
FL_Yukon

FL_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks I will! The vendor did ask if I had upgraded the sound system with Amps etc. so that can be an issue I guess. My truck came with the factory Navigation and the DVD systems so my truck is otherwise stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crc178