Help with white LED light swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
Here is what I did on the AC controls (front and rear). I bought a $6test light from Walmart that lights red on + and green on -. I took the AC boxes apart, plug them back in apart and probe each light to mark the + side. After that, I took the AC controls out, desoldered the old bulbs and soldered in the leds. Made things alot easier for me, at least.

OP
OP
NOPROBROBB

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds better than my set up, irigged a tester LED dealio and have been using that to figure out positive and neg. Have you did the rear window/fog light box yet? Im having a hard time figuring out how to get the fog light button out to get to that bottom light.

And still no luck on figuring a way to get them all white, i really wanted the white lighting but i dont see any options right now so im doing blue and i guess if i find something out in the future ill tear it all apart again:(

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds better than my set up, irigged a tester LED dealio and have been using that to figure out positive and neg. Have you did the rear window/fog light box yet? Im having a hard time figuring out how to get the fog light button out to get to that bottom light.

And still no luck on figuring a way to get them all white, i really wanted the white lighting but i dont see any options right now so im doing blue and i guess if i find something out in the future ill tear it all apart again:(

i did the foglight/rear wiper switch, but i shorted it out when i plugged it in to check for polarity, so i have another one on the way.

but to get the foglight button out, you have to take a small screwdriver and pry the sides out a little bit. it's held in by small tabs on the side.

OP
OP
NOPROBROBB

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help on that, it slid right out! Thats a bummer about it shorting out. I have no idea what im doing, im amazed i havnt broke more than i have already. I think i shorted out or messed something up on my arm rest rear view mirror d-pad, they wont work at all. On the plus side i did get all my dash lights finshed up now, what a time consuming project. I still got all the over head stuff to do and the arm rest controls for driver and passenger. I got the two rear seat window switches done though.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help on that, it slid right out! Thats a bummer about it shorting out. I have no idea what im doing, im amazed i havnt broke more than i have already. I think i shorted out or messed something up on my arm rest rear view mirror d-pad, they wont work at all. On the plus side i did get all my dash lights finshed up now, what a time consuming project. I still got all the over head stuff to do and the arm rest controls for driver and passenger. I got the two rear seat window switches done though.

glad you got it out.

yeah, i started with the rear switches, since those are the easiest.

i was tempted to do the stock radio, but i didn't want to use all those leds for it since i'm debating on replacing it anyways.

the big task will be doing the guage cluster along with a new stepper motor for the trans temp.

OP
OP
NOPROBROBB

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the gauge lights werent bad, i bought some plug and play LED and some adapters from one of the website that is floating around on this website. Cost a couple bucks per light but it was pretty easy install. Have you done the armrest controls yet?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the gauge lights werent bad, i bought some plug and play LED and some adapters from one of the website that is floating around on this website. Cost a couple bucks per light but it was pretty easy install. Have you done the armrest controls yet?

did the driver's side. didn't realize that you had to take the door panel off to get it out and ended up breaking the screw bracket on the front. haven't gotten around to doing the passenger side yet.

mine's an 04, so now plug and play bulbs for me. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greene9525