Helper Spring/Add-a-leaf advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lemme know how it works out! i did my 3" body lift and i just put my huge ass box for 4 15s and it dropped my rear over half an inch so now im aggravated because i got 200lbs of batterys i gotta stuff back there thats gonna drop it more so i think i mite get new springs

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. I'm hoping to get them on sooner.
Do you have a build thread on your Hoe?
Any pics?
Thanks

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why wouldnt you just get new springs instead of adding some to the old ones? the new springs are only 250$ or around there

thats what im going to do just get new ones and swap em out

lessee.... $250 vs dissasembling the pack and slipping in springs that cost me $0...... HMMM... tough call....

and, as a bonus.... I actually increased my capacity by more than a bit (let's not get into the 3/4 ton vs 1/2 ton debate, ok?) I can now safely haul up to 20 4x8x1/2" sheets of sheetrock, without bottoming out. Before, I'd be on the bumpstops at 15 sheets, no suspension travel. Hell, carrying 300-400 lbs of tools in the back makes the ride soooooo smooth now....