HID in OEM Tahoe light...Pics of output?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S10XtremeNLow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have comparison pictures of HID lights in 2007+ Tahoe headlights? Looking for "cut-off"/brightness comparison against a wall and on the ground in front of the vehicle

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
picture.php

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Well i have a pic of Hid in stock housings on the ground. 6k Phillips H11 bulbs

picture.php

OP
OP
S

S10XtremeNLow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well i have a pic of Hid in stock housings on the ground. 6k Phillips H11 bulbs

picture.php
Exactly what I'm looking for... How well do you feel that perform? I don't want to blind anyone, so want to make sure there isn't a lot of scatter.

What kit did you go with? Do you notice any issues when the bulbs not coming on sometimes and having to turn the lights off/on/off/on to get them to fire up?

Also, happen to have a comparison picture of stock light output??

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

S10XtremeNLow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a look at this thread to see what it will look like to oncoming traffic:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33108

Also this thread has info in it:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33475

Btw, no one is going to post pics of their cutoff because no one has a cutoff from putting hid bulbs in reflector housings.

Best option without a retrofit:

Low beam: H11 Silverstar zXe (or similar)
High Beam: 9011 Toshiba HIR bulbs (9005/HB3)
Thanks... Doesn't really seem worth it.. Will have to look at other alternatives.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Exactly what I'm looking for... How well do you feel that perform? I don't want to blind anyone, so want to make sure there isn't a lot of scatter.

What kit did you go with? Do you notice any issues when the bulbs not coming on sometimes and having to turn the lights off/on/off/on to get them to fire up?

Also, happen to have a comparison picture of stock light output??

Its from autolumination.com I opted to buy the Phillips brand bulb. Really high quality. Never had flickering, or had to turn off and back on due to one not fireing up. i dont get a lot of people flashing me. Ive must of counted like 3 in the past year. Light output is plenty and i like it so much, i pulled the tigger and bought a 5202 hid fog light kit. Hope it dosent melt the housing

OP
OP
S

S10XtremeNLow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its from autolumination.com I opted to buy the Phillips brand bulb. Really high quality. Never had flickering, or had to turn off and back on due to one not fireing up. i dont get a lot of people flashing me. Ive must of counted like 3 in the past year. Light output is plenty and i like it so much, i pulled the tigger and bought a 5202 hid fog light kit. Hope it dosent melt the housing
Would you be able to take a picture of your output against a wall say from 15-20 feet away?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V6wells