HID Problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any problems installing their HID in Lows/Fogs? I bought H11 for lows and 5202 for fogs from HIDEXTRA.com because they were on sale and had good reviews on other forums.

I can only get the low beam bulbs to turn a 1/16 to 1/8 inch turn. They don't seem to fully lock in. I left them that way for now, don't know if they are going to fall out. Anyone have this problem?

As for the fogs, the plug on the HID kit does not match the factory socket. Did any of you cut your socket off and hardwire the HID wires in? Or do you have kits that have the correct plug?

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you take the headlights out to install them? If you could take a pic of them fog light kit that would help.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only get the low beam bulbs to turn a 1/16 to 1/8 inch turn. They don't seem to fully lock in. I left them that way for now, don't know if they are going to fall out. Anyone have this problem?

first try swapping the after market grommet with the factory one, and it should make it easier to install in the headlight.

As for the fogs, the plug on the HID kit does not match the factory socket. Did any of you cut your socket off and hardwire the HID wires in? Or do you have kits that have the correct plug?

dont cut the factory wires! you are right, they dont plug and play but what i did was crimp the two wires with a cutless crimp. that way if for some reason the person after me wanted to put the factory bulbs back in then they could. i try and leave stuff easily transferable back to stock for resale (my reasons :) )

OP
OP
S

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did try switching out the weather seal grommets and that didn't help.

Good call with UofMZ71...I will throw some t-taps on instead of cutting off the sockets.

RegalCavalier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '07 Yukon XL Denali and I cut my fog lamp wires. They are about two feet long and junction/attach at the bumper frame. I wanted a clean, sealed install since I'm in New England. If I decide to switch back, I'll pick up a new harness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Footankleg