HID Projector Retrofit Finished

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EzMac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post on the forum! Finally got around to doing the headlight retrofit. Used Depo aftermarket headlights with Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 projectors and 4500k bulbs.

Parts before:
IMG_9708.JPG

Used heat gun to open up headlamp. Projector in place:
IMG_9713.JPG

Blacked out reflector with carbon fiber vinyl:
IMG_9742.JPG

Low beam / High Beam / Side cut-off profile:
comp.jpg

Finished product:
IMG_9782.JPG

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those turned out really nice especially the blacked out carbon fiber side markers!

Retro lighting FTW

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
turned out absolutely horrible you should start over from scratch........ i kid love the results

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I just got mine this past week and will be installing them this weekend. I tinted my side reflector.....wish i did the carbon fiber wrap like you did.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
winner-winner-chicken-dinner1.png

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just out of curiosity, what did all of this run you?

My project probably cost more than theirs above, but I am all in at $1250 so far for new Denali housings, OEM projectors (RX-350) with a tune and clear lenses, Osram bulbs, ballasts, harnesses; plus new fog housings, Morimoto Matchbox projectors, bulbs, ballasts, and labor and install for both... I've heard of others being able to do a full build in under $500 though, so don't be thrown off by my high costs due to parts and extensive labor for modding the housings.

Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landxx