HID Retro Memoirs NNBS Tahoe/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ended ou having the bad ballasts from The Retrofit Source which wore out my 3Five bulbs in the matter of weeks. TRS sent me the brand new designed ballasts for free and let me upgrade to the XB35's for only $25 more. I'm not sure if it was the other bulbs going bad but they worked fine once they would turn on due to the ballasts. But now with the XB's in there I can totally tell there is a wider and brighter beam. Vision Autoworks did a fabulous job on the retro. It was just the bad batch of parts from TRS. All good now. Cullen was great to work with and even stepped out of dinner one night to talk to me. Highly recommend. I'd be happy to help you out with my experience with them.

Also I added halos for the helluva it. Didn't like them at first but they are really growing on me. y3e6u8a3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Well I ended ou having the bad ballasts from The Retrofit Source which wore out my 3Five bulbs in the matter of weeks. TRS sent me the brand new designed ballasts for free and let me upgrade to the XB35's for only $25 more. I'm not sure if it was the other bulbs going bad but they worked fine once they would turn on due to the ballasts. But now with the XB's in there I can totally tell there is a wider and brighter beam. Vision Autoworks did a fabulous job on the retro. It was just the bad batch of parts from TRS. All good now. Cullen was great to work with and even stepped out of dinner one night to talk to me. Highly recommend. I'd be happy to help you out with my experience with them.

Also I added halos for the helluva it. Didn't like them at first but they are really growing on me. sa9azaty.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool good to know thanks for the info. He just replied telling me it's $15 extra so I might as well haha.

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did 35W Amp setup. Read somewhere that TRS doesn't recommend 55W in the mini H1's but i could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iCalvin

Reaction score
People have ran 55w in the MH1 fine but I would not recommend it, and yea TRS specifically states not to use 55w kits in their mini projectors (MH1 and D2S v2.0, the 3.0 D2s can handle 55w apparently.) It is more of a cooling issue since the projectors are well "mini" and don't dissipate heat as well as other full size projectors. Due to this, you run into the problem of burning bowls running 55w. Also keep in mind that brighter isn't always better, the brighter the light the less distant vision outside of your actual output/cutoff you will see.

Came in here to check for an update, almost finished Lee?

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well since my headlights are trashed from the deer hit I decided to go retro. I really hope they don't total my avy now lol. Went with eagle eye replicas with 5000k Morimoto 3Five H1 HID kit, Iris shrouds, and mini H1 bixenon projectors. Getting them done out of Marietta, GA from a company called Vision Auto Works. Here's a sample pic: IMG_0200_zpsc6fc1054.png

Looking good Felix, congrats on the retros you will love them. You should of used the new square projectors since nobody has the yet :)