Hid vs Projector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njgoonies

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was just wondering which is brighter, HID or Projectors, and do you have projectors for a 2003 yukon? If i'm correct the HID would be the 9006?

Yes we do have the 03' Yukon (non-denali) Projectors and also in bundles with the matching bumper lights. The bulb type changes when you go the aftermarket projectors, but we know what you need, no worries there.

http://www.hidguy.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=965_966_968

If you want HID's you can add the HID's to the Aftermarket or the OEM Headlights, but that is just changing the lighting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erebos

Reaction score
I think you are a bit confused on what you are asking. HID is a type of bulb and Projector is a type of lens.

HID bulb will definitely be brighter than your factory halogen bulb. Having a projector around the HID bulb will provide a better beam focus or light output that won't annoy incoming drivers (unless that's your intention). Using HID with projector is the best combination setup that I would recommend.

OP
OP
N

njgoonies

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. after reading the descriptions i kinda thought that but now i know for sure. again thanks for the help. Since I'm poor... Any suggestions on what order to purchase?

Last edited:

HID_Guy

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. after reading the descriptions i kinda thought that but now i know for sure. again thanks for the help. Since I'm poor... Any suggestions on what order to purchase?

A projector is just a different style of lighting and controlling your lighting (normally you need to upgrade your headlights or retrofit); HID's are an upgrade in the lighting itself, so it's a much different story.

We do have projectors for your Yukon and actually have the Headlight and Bumper Light Bundle. If you want to get HID's for your stock style headlights it would be a 9006, but if you go with projectors it is a different bulb type.

00-06 GMC Yukon Projector Headlights and Bumper Light Bundles (for normal Yukon; Denali is Different):

http://www.hidguy.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=965_966_970_971

** If you have a Denali let me know, I'll post that link.

If any other questions let me know, glad to help.

Attachments

• 2LBLHP-GMC99B-TM.jpg
    2LBLHP-GMC99B-TM.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2LBLHP-GMC99JMB-TM.jpg
    2LBLHP-GMC99JMB-TM.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

labdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Projector and HID Kit combo

You have both the HID Kit, including harness, and the projector style replacement housings for the old body style 2000 Tahoe? Web site did not turn one up.

HID_Guy

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think you are a bit confused on what you are asking. HID is a type of bulb and Projector is a type of lens.

HID bulb will definitely be brighter than your factory halogen bulb. Having a projector around the HID bulb will provide a better beam focus or light output that won't annoy incoming drivers (unless that's your intention). Using HID with projector is the best combination setup that I would recommend.

Very well put.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

You have both the HID Kit, including harness, and the projector style replacement housings for the old body style 2000 Tahoe? Web site did not turn one up.

We are adding the option to add HID's to the headlights and fog lights as a bundle as well; most of the items will be up by tonight and tomorrow morning.

Any other suggestions just let us know, glad to work it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925