** Alternator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ryan1126

Ryan1126

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan which amplifiers are you using?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Also are you running any extra batteries? I used to run XS Power and they are beasts.

Im going to be running a sundown saz-2500 at .5 ohm and a sax 100.4. i will be running two XS batteries, both biggest i can fit under the hood. i dont want any batteries inside the car.

Impossible to tell, the ECM uses some complicated algorithm to adjust the voltage. If you have big subwoofer amplifiers power them with separate alts, only use the ECM-controlled alt for maybe a highs amp and other accessories.

Well i went through mike singer for an alt and he said he can configure the alternator to basically bypass the ECM so i wont have to worry about it.

Stereolab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just curious, how long did it take you to get those alts? Nice setup and I'm just looking for one and DC is top on my list.

8 weeks. Running flawless since then, only a few minor install issues but that's to be expected with such a cutting-edge setup. Sickening power at idle, you will NOT get good idle performance from the simple rewound alts competitors offer.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 weeks. Running flawless since then, only a few minor install issues but that's to be expected with such a cutting-edge setup. Sickening power at idle, you will NOT get good idle performance from the simple rewound alts competitors offer.

That setup is nasty and 8 weeks ain't bad considering the setup is really out there. Trust me when I say I found out the hard way buying a competitors alt only to have a lagging idle output and basically rebuilding it every year. I spent the same as DC's top of the line XP on some BS but I'm going to have one soon. They seem to be in a league of their own with the XP series.

Hopefully the Beiber fans don't have them all busy after West Coast Customs did the custom CTS V w/ a DC 270 alt.....nah..but it was a cool looking alt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rongomer