home made high 4 kit for less then 3 dollars,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
saw this in the other 07 + area but that does not work for us... no headlight relays

so i went to AX man, (surplus store(random everything lol)

so if you are all interested i can put up a write up if you all want

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
do the write up. i have all the stuff to do it, but i'm too lazy to find the wires myself. lol.

OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
all you need is a 4 pin relay a diode and some wires and some terminals.

step 1 - locate the Aux. post on the fuse box in the top right corner of the engine bay.
step 2 - attach a ring terminal to one wire and attach it to the aux. post (+)
step 3 - measure about 1 foot of wire out and attach another terminal (pin 87 on relay)
step 4 - locate a ground(i used my alarm hood switch)
step 5 - attach a ring terminal to another end of wire (black/ground)
step 6 - attach a terminal to the ground wire (pin 85 on relay)

this is where it starts to get tricky ;)

step 7 - pull the high beam headlight pig tail and locate the + wire (light green)
step 8 - splice a 1 foot piece of wire to the high beam + (light green)
step 9 - soldier the diode to the end of that wire (make sure its the correct direction(only allows current one way))
step 10 - soldier another piece of wire to the other end
step 11 - attach a terminal to the end and attach it to the relay(pin 86)
step 12 - pull the low beam terminal and splice a wire to the positive (tan)
step 13 - attach terminal to the and of that wire and attach to pin 30 on relay

and your done, some one can double check this

HIGH4RELAY.jpg

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
good stuff. if i didnt just give away my last relay i'd do this tonight. Weekend project ftw.

OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
it took me like 30 min to do, i did it all on the driver side headlight, and powers the whole system, and if you go to a surplus store like i did they have everything you need, im also thinking about getting all the parts and stuff needed and pre assembling them for sale for like 5 or so dollars, because of the fact that the surplus store literally has everything.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the one i got from someone awhile back on TF, looks the same:

The instructions say this:
Here is what you need:
1. 1 Relay (4 prong, with #85, #86, #87 and #30. Common relay for aux lights)
2. 16 gauge wire (I used 4 different colors to tell the difference (green, brown, white, yellow))
3. Conduct
4. Electrial tape
5. 1 Self tapping screw
6. 4 female wire connecters
7. 1 Ring terminal for battery
8. 1 Ring terminal for ground
9. 2 side by side wire connectors
10. 1 inline fuse

Step 1
Disconnect the battery at negative and positve ends for safety

Step 2
Remove the passenger side headlight by the 2 bolts on top (or you can remove the marker light, I removed both just for convinence)

Step 3
Clip the brown wire to the brown wire of the low beams (you don't have to use a brown wire - but make sure that the wire you clipped to the low beams brown wire you remember exactly what it is and where it is)

Step 4
Clip the green wire to the green wire of the high beams(same with low beams you don't have to use a green wire to clip to the green wire but make sure you remember what color and where you placed it)

Step 5
Run the brown wire from the low beams to the relay. Connecting it using a female adapter to #87 (or what ever color wire you used)

Step 6
Run the green wire from the high beams to the relay. Connecting it using a female adapter to #86 (or what ever color wire you used)

Step 7
Run conduct over both green and brown wires(this is used to keep the wires away from anything that could cut into them... metal etc.. however i usually wrap mine with black tape because it is cheaper and these wires are hidden anyways)

Step 8
Run a ground from the relay prong # 85 to the screw that holds it on the fender wall(i couldn't do this with the self-taping screw and wire i used, so i ran another self taping screw right beside where i placed the relay and use an o-ring connector to hold the ground wire onto the self-tapping screw - take a Note you have to screw this into metal I put my relay and ground wire right in front of my battery right on the side of my inner-fender it is metal)

Step 9
Mount the relay near the battery on the passenger side fender using the self tapping screw

Step 10
Run a wire from the relay prong #30 to the battery +, with an inline fuse. (this is where we get the power for the Low-beams so they aren't drawing power from the high-beams)

Step 11
Reinstall the lights, close the hood and flick on your high beams

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

i bought one of the 4 hi mod "kits" from stylin trucks a looong while back that didn't use the relay. its laying around somewhere in the pile of moving boxes at the new house if anyone is interested in it.

i don't need it as my TYC HIDS already are 4 high modded out of the box

OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
looks for the most part the same lol was just uber board and thought i would try it, it was cheap and easy

OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
would anyone be interested in buying this as a kit for 6 dollars shiped? I went out and bought enough to make 10 kits. They will be pre made. Ready to just bolt/splice in and turn on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925