Homemade intake, should I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this a while back on another forum I'm on and have been wanting to do it. Good or bad idea? Why would an intake I buy from somewhere be better? It looks good to me. If I did it, I would wrap it in heat resistant insulation to keep the tube as cool as possible. Also I might modify the stock air box a little to get a little more air into it.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116743&highlight=homemade+NNBS+intake
Thanks for the help!

andrew383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothin wrong it really,many have done it and many more will...Me personally i hate pvc intakes :)

lt1z350

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
buying a good one is way to go unless good at fabing stuff. I can make anything and still bought a volant for my truck. air aid is cheap and really good for 200 bucks cant beat it.

emazingli

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just only did my intake a year ago and guess what it works great and still using it it. :D

OP
OP
White07Tahoe

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hopefully going to make it this weekend. I plan on running an air scoop from either the tow hook hole like the volant kit or from around the radiator like the tri power kit. Also I am going to me modding the stack air box a little too. Has anyone modded the stock air box, if so what did you do?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put in the Airaid Modular Intake Tube today. I Installed it onto my stock air box and I love it. It sounds great and I feel the extra acceleration.. Ordered the cone air filter with the heat shield to replace the stock air box. I'll have a week to test drive it before the second half of the CAI system comes in and is put on. I'll be sure to post any differences I notice and also if the cone air filter is even worth purchasing. Some say the airaid jr kit is sufficient which consists of the same intake tube I got but comes with an airaid dry air filter that fits the stock air box.

OP
OP
White07Tahoe

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a medium round sized KN filter I am going to put inside the stock box. My family is coming in from out of town so I don't think I will be able to get much done this weekend. But Ill try and Ill keep yall posted

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO IT!

Then I can see it in person. :Handshake:

I was planning on doing something with my intake on my NBS before I did anything with my wifes NNBS intake. But I do plan on doing both of them. I just cant justify $300 a piece for an aftermarket intakes.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes

I would hope GM put some of that stuff in there for a reason...

Last edited:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are there to cancel out intake noise. As far as I know that's the only reason for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts