horn problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grantschimpf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i just bought my 92 2 door and i cant figure it out but my horn doesnt work, when you press the horn on the wheel it makes a clicking noise at the relay but the horns do not sound at all, i have traced the wiring all the way to the horns and it all looks fine, is there a way of testing the horns them selfs to see if they are just old and need to be replaced or could it be a fuse?

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Yup. Pop the hood, remove the 3 or 4 screws at the top of the grill, along with the one that's in the middle of the grill. Remove the front turn signals and corner lights. Pull the front grill off, being very careful to not break the cheap plastic too badly. You'll see the horn right in the front middle. Pull the wire off of it, and put a multimeter between the wire and a good ground.

Have your buddy, who's drinking all your beer and laughing at you push the horn button. You should see 12V on the multimeter. If you have voltage, go get a new horn. I recommend big f*** you air horns from Wolo.

If you don't have voltage, trace the wire back from the grill, through the shielding, and test it at the firewall. Figure out where you're losing current, and replace the wire.

:drunk:

970Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your horns are indeed shot. There is one behind the battery and one in front of the radiator behind the bowtie. Pull the plugs off of them test for voltage if you'd like, but on a vehicle as old as yours I would say they are shot....

OP
OP
G

grantschimpf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
awsome thanks guys, im going to try that tonight when the old lady gets home i'll let ya know

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
I'll get pics when I do it. I have all the parts and everything, but I am having an issue with fabbing a bracket to hold the horns. I'll figure it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx