how long do you plan on keeping your tahoe/yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had mine 96 for more than 10yrs. Bought it with 60k on it, it's currently at 150k. NO PLAN to every get rid of it. I was close a short time ago, but its just not smart to get rid of something that has no payment, has run great for it's life, is easy to maintenance and work on, and does nearly everything I have ever asked it to do! If anything, I would get a 2005 or later Tahoe to ADD to the vehicle line-up, but this Hoe ain't ever leaving this family.

A friend of mine said it best regarding his vehicles; "I don't get rid of the ones I like!"

James Hart

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought the 93 K1500 Blazer with the intent of holding onto it for as long as possible. I fully expected to repair/replace all the 20 year old bits and pieces to keep it roadworthy another 20 years.

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 years last month as I bought her new and gonna ride her until duck tape can't hold her together.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
Ive had mine for 2 months. I was thinking about trading it off cause it was doing weird stuff. I finally got it fixed and now I wanna keep it. Done a lot to it in just 2 months:
*New U-Joints
*New tire
*New interior lights
*Fixed dome light switch
*Lifted 2" in front and 3" in rear
*New intake gaskets
*new thermostat
*New cap and rotor
*new plugs and wires
*new fuel filter
and I think thats it. But now the jerking issue is gone and she drives great. So as long as it stays that way ill keep it til she falls apart.

mranum

Reaction score
Always cheaper to keep and fix your..... truck.;)

Not entirely true.:rofl: I can't afford and am plan sick of fixing my 2000 F150 which is why I went shopping and found my 95 hoe. If this Tahoe keeps rollin I'll probably drive until there is nothing left to drive.

I had that Ford for 7 years and it has cost me on average $1000 a year in repairs, and considering I never put more than 5000 miles on it in a year thats pretty expensive to keep up. Only reason I kept it this long is its paid for and it is/was my plow truck. Well, and I have to admit when its running decent its the nicest driving/handling vehicle I have ever owned. I have sort of a love-hate relationship with it. :signs8:

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plan on keeping mine around for a decent while. i saved it from a friend gave her a new heart and did all the maintenance on the front that has never been done. im sure the rear end will grenade on me and i will have to replace the tranny but nothing is out of my reach. hell if the rear goes thats just more of a reason to sas it :D my pops has a 88 burban that he bought in 87, with only 86k miles. im sure this truck will end up like his burban and stick around even if it only gets driven short amount of time.

05goatls2

Reaction score
I need to hold on to mine for a long time. I have a lot of plans and things I want to change. Luckily I have a daily driver now so I can spend the time to take it off the road and work on it if I want to. This is my 3rd 2-door OBS so I plan on keeping it.

VicYukon

Reaction score
Well I plan on keeping my Yukon, my baby for a while. My little 9 year old brother loves it as much as I do. His the one who helps me work on it. And one day he asked me "can I have it?". And I told him "when you graduate from high shool you can have it that day".... So its gonna be in the family for a long long time.:dogpile:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrettman