how long do you plan on keeping your tahoe/yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until it no longer becomes fun to wrench on and update/customize/fix and it becomes a burden.

schiavonske1013

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought my 99 with the intention of keeping for as long as possible. Trying to keep up my "no car payments" plan for as long as I can.

97WhiteYukon

Reaction score
I'm planning on pretty much till im dead. It's not really worth that much if I sold it, so unless I was in a bind I'm going to make it super clean, maintain it and roll it prob get a second car at some point and keep it on the side and under a cover when I'm not driving it.

DSSpeck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HI all, I'm new to the forum but not to the Yukon! I'm lucky enought to own a
'99 that I've run up to 277,002 as of today. I love it. It is truley one of the great trucks/cars I have even owned. The body is still in great shape. I have
'07 Wheels on it with 265/70R 17 Geolandars A/T-S and it looks nearly new! I'm planing on giving it a bit of a lift. not looking for the standard 4" kit. I want to put an "Add a Leaf' to the rear for a couple of inches, and a torsion lift up front for 1.5-2". I'd like to run 32's-33's. I'm really looking for as much axle articulation as possable from the IFS with out having to go with a SAC. It does fine offroad, but was limited this last weekend on a trail in Anza-Borrego. I'd love to hear any suggestions or advice.

Knot-2-Smart

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had mine for 15 years now, bought it new in 1998, it has 320,500 miles. I know this is great for owners, but not good for Chevy sales. I think I'm going to replace it with another, but different colors for sure. I'm getting sick of looking at the same old truck day in and day out. HA. HA. Ready for a NEW ONE !

EvAZRt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got my truck from the original owner. its a 92 I still have the window sticker for it. Retail was 27k I bought it 7 years ago for 4k have 180k miles and still replacing factory parts. I wanted to keep it forever and for a child if I get so blessed but I've started to think that it might not last forever if I let a 16 year old drive it. Once I finish school I plan on getting a car and renovating it.

tri94sbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're going to bury me in mine and then they will have a retirement party for me... If it weren't for lack of cash, Mine would be all finished by now... LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby

Latest posts