How often should you wax your Hoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beelow

Reaction score
I heard it should be once every 2 or 3 months but I'm curious about what you guys do with your Hoe or Yukon....Let me know. I keep my Hoe in the garage and try not to drive it if it's raining very hard or in severe weather. Any input is welcome. Also, do you have any preferred techniques or types of wax?

Attachments

• Hoe Side Wax2.jpg
    Hoe Side Wax2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Hoe Side Wax.jpg
    Hoe Side Wax.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wash. Clay. prewax cleanser. compound if light swirls. sealant and follow up with a waxif you wish and I recommend. I do it everyweek and put 1-2 coats on with the sealant but that's just me but that's how you keep your paint looking amazing especially with darker colors

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Haha you can drive in rain too it's fine just make sure your all sealed up.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

I think you should debadge your tahoe as well will look nice and clean

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its garaged, once or twice a year should be enough unless you're **** about keeping it in prestine condition. I suppose it depends on how much you drive it too and how often it is exposed to the elements. I would love to do it once a month or every other month but I pay to have mine done and that's just more than I want to spend. It's been about 5 months since I've had mine done and it could use a good wax.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep my Hoe in the garage and try not to drive it if it's raining very hard or in severe weather.

I have no response to this.

Big O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the wax... if water stops beading your wax is gone. Sealants last longer than wax. Premiumum carinuba doesnt last as long but there are lots of waxes in between

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a weekend detailer taking care of my own vehicles and have all of the buffers (4), pads, microfiber towels etc. I would suggest a sealant over a wax. You can apply a good sealant every 6 months especially if you keep your vehicle in a garage. I do mine about every 4 months but I'm very particular about my cars and boat and also do the 2 bucket wash to prevent swirls.

Everybody has their favorite sealants and waxes and there are many good ones. I have tried many products but prefer Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Very easy to apply and remove and doesn't stain trim, has a great shine and seems to last. A little expensive but a bottle lasts a very long time. http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-wet-diamond-sealant.html

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a weekend detailer taking care of my own vehicles and have all of the buffers (4), pads, microfiber towels etc. I would suggest a sealant over a wax. You can apply a good sealant every 6 months especially if you keep your vehicle in a garage. I do mine about every 4 months but I'm very particular about my cars and boat and also do the 2 bucket wash to prevent swirls.

Everybody has their favorite sealants and waxes and there are many good ones. I have tried many products but prefer Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Very easy to apply and remove and doesn't stain trim, has a great shine and seems to last. A little expensive but a bottle lasts a very long time. http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-wet-diamond-sealant.html

Dude we are the same

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dry it after washing with a leaf blower.......you'll know when your wax has worn off.

I like an IPA wipe down after polish, then I like to use a glaze prior to wax. A nice glaze will make you look like a pro.

try this site: www.autopia.org

Last edited:

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I keep my Hoe in the garage and try not to drive it if it's raining very hard or in severe weather.

I hear 'ya! I keep my Tahoe in the garage and try not to drive it if the dirt is blowing above fifty miles per hour so as to not sandblast the paint or pit the glass. :eek:

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also when drying spray some quick detailer in the microfiber towel helps alot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate