How to install a new head unit in my 03 Tahoe WITH BOSE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DylanSorenson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everybody... Im new to the forum so bare with me.
I know people have posted similar threads before but i still havent found my answer. So here is my issue...
I have an 03 hoe with the bose amplified system and i want to replace my stereo head unit for a double din JVC unit. I have heard about buying the GMOS-04 to keep the bose and onstar but today i went to GM and they told me that the only way to replace the unit was to gut the bose system. I dont think that is true. So if you know how to do it or have done it please help.
How would i go about wiring the new unit w/GMOS-04?
Will this keep the bose working properly?
Is this even possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will work with the adapter, your dealer is full of shit.

CAResearch

Reaction score
Just buy the adapter listed, wire up the speaker leads, everything is a plug and play application. Note you loose the ability to fade

I used the os2c Bose with chime on mine

If you want to keep the steering wheel controls you'll need a axxswc (wire tap at the dash) or swix adapter (wire tap under the dash)

Give yourself a hour, its not difficult

This is assuming your current stock Bose system works, amp still works

If the bose amp is blown, just replace the system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DylanSorenson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered all the parts on Saturday so lets hope I can get it too work properly. Thanks for te help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925