How to install outside door handles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got me a Tahoe after months of looking and I was wondering if anybody had a write on how to install the outside door handles on the 07+ Tahoes? I've got a set of colormatched door handles coming and was just trying to get ahead of the game. Thanks for looking!

Thanks,
DwDrummer

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Congrats DW!
After months of looking you finally found one, post pics of it!!!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats DW!
After months of looking you finally found one, post pics of it!!!

Yeah -- We don't really want to see another truck pic... We just want proof that you got one! ;)

Best of luck with it!

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! I don't have any pictures of it on my camera, been too busy using the Porter Cable buffing it out to make it shine! I went with black!:D

Fyrcaptain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would bet it's similar to my 06.....get the door panel off, make sure the window is all the way up.......there might be one fastener that is accessed through the side of the door (black plug?).

If it's like the 06 it's going to be tight up in there, probably 3 or 4 nuts holdng them on.

Good luck!

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just hoping somebody had a write so I know exactly which bolts to take off etc etc.

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it when i installed my speakers. its really easy.
Just pop off the door panels on the inside as if you were going to change out speakers and you can see the bolts attaching the handles. You unscrew the old ones and screw the new ones in and your done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap