How to remove GM OEM 22" Center caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its ok Jacob, im only breakin ur balls.

edit: nevermind, ur married. we lost those many moons ago.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know :D I was just explaining my side and I hope that slap hurt :crazy:

:lol:

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks clean and the anti-theft feature is great but F*** that is a lot of work for some center caps.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Ha its so effortless to remove the Ltz center caps. I took them off with a stick in the yard once. I was always scared that i was going to find that one fell off somewhere

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha its so effortless to remove the Ltz center caps. I took them off with a stick in the yard once. I was always scared that i was going to find that one fell off somewhere

Lol yea those popped off with ease. These... Not so much. At least I wont have to worry about them falling off. I think I'm gonna try and find some TP sensors on eBay and when I get those in I'll take my car in for the tires to get rotated and get the center caps changed out and the TP sensors put in. Otherwise it would be such a waste of time to just take the wheels off to put on the center caps.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just take the wheel off Feliz you will spend more time messing with it. You need the practice anyways lol.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol:

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take my car in for the tires to get rotated and get the center caps changed out and the TP sensors put in. Otherwise it would be such a waste of time to just take the wheels off to put on the center caps.

yep, that's what the hole is for, the balancer usually sticks thru there, so they have to take the caps off to balance them

it's a pain to take the tires off if you don't have tools, i.e., using the OEM jack & lug wrench, i agree.

DSC04516.gif

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just take the wheel off Feliz you will spend more time messing with it. You need the practice anyways lol.

Ha! Yea if we didn't have your tools it would've taken longer!! Well I just ordered the tire pressure sensors for $99 shipped so when they come in i'm gonna rotate tires/re-align/change center caps/put on tire pressure sensors all at one time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crude2chaos