Hydrogen mod to double MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wanst there a guy that claimed this worked on the old site and it was a total crock?? or was that somthing else. I think he had a yellow silverado if that helps. if it works im down!

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard that it is not true. Motor Week did some research on it. You can not produce enough hydrogen to provide energy create enough power to increase fuel economy. If it were true major companies would have came out with it and it would be for sale all over the place. They would talk about it all over the news and on the radio, everybody would know about it. Car manufactures would install it from the factory but none of them are.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. This has been discussed on quite a few sites.

"
There's a reason these kind of systems aren't put in place by the factory. You can be certain that with their millions of dollars (billions even) in available research funding and 10+ years of hydrogen-based fuel testing that they've fully examined any and all electrolysis systems. If the gains were there, every GM vehicle (and other automaker) would be getting the 25%+ better mileage that these systems claim."

Basically the system bypasses the PCM forcing the computer to lean out the engine mixture. This actually can be very harmful to your engine without the proper monitoring.

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 avoid these charlatans like the plague. Everytime the price of gas goes up these hucksters come out of the woodwork. Don't be a sucker...or if you feel like being one I might just have a bridge to sell you...

As a side not I am sick of mpg threads...if you were really concerned about mileage you shouldn't have bought a vehicle that weighs 5500 lbs. theres just no getting around the laws of physics. Gotta pay to play.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
wanst there a guy that claimed this worked on the old site and it was a total crock?? or was that somthing else. I think he had a yellow silverado if that helps. if it works im down!

Your first youtube vid. My buddy did this to his 98 5.7 liter. LIke I said above, He said he got 3 maybe 5 mpg increase, but what he really noticed, was a great amount of power was there. I almost wanna do it for the power and forget fuel economy. I drove it and holy shit, he was right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968