I’m back with an Esky this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I’ve had a lot going on as usual. This Esky is about to get retired. She’s ready for a new vehicle and I’ve been fighting with an O2 sensor. Changed it and still was getting bad signals and found the wiring harness rubbed on the front driveshaft so I repaired that and it was fine for a few months but then came back. Replaced the sensor and it still comes and goes. It’s the post cat sensor and I think it’s a bad cat that’s causing my issues now. Still might eliminate the cats.
Then her amp went out and had no sound for anything. Chimes, signals and radio were gone. A new old stock amp is $700 so I found one used for $200 from a low mileage crashed truck. Still a pain in the rear to change because it’s under the center console.
IMG_3758.jpeg
IMG_3757.jpeg
IMG_3756.jpeg

I did find what burnt on hers but I’m not gonna repair it, the new one is in and working so it is what it is.
IMG_3755.jpeg

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
My son Jack joined the Air Force in April. His ship date was set for July 16th but there was an issue with the job he wanted in cyber security so they pushed it. Didn’t work out so great for me because I booked airfare, hotel and rental car for the first week of September when he would have graduated and couldn’t get my money back but I did get to change the flight. We also booked an Airbnb for the week of September 18 with friends but then Jack left 2 weeks later which puts his graduation the same week we planned on going to Knoxville so I lost that deposit and rebooked for San Antonio for his graduation. It was an emotional rollercoaster saying goodbye to my son who will be not only a man when I see him next but an Airman.
IMG_3734.jpeg
IMG_3736.jpeg

Friends just stopped by, I’ll finish when they leave.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Jess and I took Julianna to see Hardy last month. 10 years old and her first concert. We had good seats and the concert was great.

Mulder is getting big. We’re going thru the process of breeding him. He’s already been going to training 2x week for the last 8 months so he does really good with commands.
IMG_3839.jpeg

I also put up a pool for Julianna this summer. She is such a water bug and it’s hard to get her out of it. Jess and I are always there next to her or in with her while she’s in it even though she’s had swimming lessons and is a good swimmer. We refuse to be a statistic.
IMG_3632.jpeg

It’s coming down this fall. I might even have to repair the yard because it looks like we’re moving in the next year. The school didn’t work out the last couple years and now I have her enrolled in a different school that’s not in our district and tuition is crazy so it’s easier to move than it is to keep paying tuition considering I haven’t built my garage yet, I’ll find somewhere with more property and get a pole barn like I wanted.

We haven’t got a lot of time out on the bike this year like I hoped. Just working or having chores to do around the house has kept us from enjoying the bike.
IMG_3793.jpeg
IMG_3794.jpeg

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I had to fix the clutch at the beginning of the season. It started with the clutch not fully disengaging at the end of last year. Shifting gears was harsh with first to second banging something awful. I thought it was just moisture in the hydraulic system. Changed fluid and even bought an aftermarket slave cylinder but that didn’t work. So then I rebuilt the master and same thing. Only left something in clutch but bike only had 14k miles. Took it apart and found a spring plate that was broke and it was getting wedged between fiction and steel disk not allowing the clutch to fully disengage. I could have replaced just one friction, one steel and that spring plate but instead I put a Barnett clutch in it. Shifts like butter again. Even easier than before due to that aftermarket slave cylinder.
IMG_3324.jpeg
IMG_3325.jpeg
IMG_3347.jpeg
IMG_3432.jpeg

Now for the best news. Had a main boss from the corporation come down to our plant and everyone thought it was going to be bad news to have him come down for one day. He ended up coming to the maintenance shop to seek me out. We had a sit down and he offered me a job in management as maintenance supervisor and assistant plant superintendent. They put a package together for me that pays me more money than what I make with my OT, a healthy sign-on bonus, I can make my own hours, salary based on 45hrs/wk, weekends off, 11 paid holidays and 240hrs vacation beside sick time and personal time. I couldn’t say no! I’m in the process of finishing up a few loose ends with the maintenance department while I can still put hands on and mid September after I come back from Jacks graduation I’ll no longer be blue collar. It’s gonna be a change of pace for me but it’s welcomed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968