I call BS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Hotchikis sport suspension for my Yukon yesterday. It looks rather easy so I decide to start putting that on today. Decided to start in the back as that eare had more room in my garage. The part that I call BS is part 4 on pg 6. of installing the rear:

http://www.hotchkis.net/_uploaded_files/2291.pdf

4. Install New Hotchkis Drop Links
Your new Hotchkis Drop Links are slightly wider than the OEM drop link, so you may have to open up the clevis frame bracket. Use a monkey wrench to slightly open up he bracket.

In the process of expanding that clevis you end up getting the bolt holes out of alignment. slightly wider is BS!!!!!!!
The first side was a bugger and the second side just cause total frustration and my a man that does not cuss that much, I thin I used up my allotment of F8 Bombs for the year!

After 4 hours in the 103 temp and who knows what it was in my garage, I'm done!

So now I sit with no rear bar on. i either have to try and tackle it again in the morning or drive it to a shop and see if they can get that damn bolt through.

I hope my Corsa is easier to install s I got that in today.

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like a piece of cake to me?

jk... what a pain. Sucks you can't get'r done easy. I hate when that happens!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
They Mistyped it, instead of a monkey wrench, you need a BFH!

UKNOWME8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That sucks I also did my drop on my Tahoe today it took me about 3.5 hours in my driveway / garage. And it rides as smooth as stock but corners better.

OP
OP
plush

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, today was MUCh better. Finished up the back. It help by removing the muffler and rear exhaust which required lowering the spare. Once I was able to get more room the BFH came into play. Install the Corsa Sport (man, that baby sounds AWESOME). Then finished up the front bars.

I am very happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555