I have a 2021 chevy tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamlegion

Reaction score
Mostly because people don't want the POS they just spend $90K on breaking down and leaving them stranded on the side of the road. And if you're paying attention at all (which you obviously aren't) then you'd know that DFM/ AFM failures are far from an isolated case.
Why are you being snarky? If you have the cash to spare then do it, why are you asking the internet for advice? Sounds like you can’t afford it or it’d be done by now if it’s so obviously worth it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This^. I don’t understand the stigma around DFM and why people think spending $3k to lose gas mileage and avoid a problem that likely will never happen makes sense.
the AFM and especially the DFM thing is just a bandaid by GM to get around CARB, they decided to take that route when they lost the ability to get credits for E85, so they dumped E85 and created DFM & stop/start. It works but can be prone to issues, keep the oil changed more often and don't beat on it and it might be ok.

Antonm

Reaction score
Why are you being snarky? If you have the cash to spare then do it, why are you asking the internet for advice? Sounds like you can’t afford it or it’d be done by now if it’s so obviously worth it.

I didn't ask the internet for advice, I was answering the question of the original poster (maybe read the thread next time). Affording it isn't the issue for me personally (although it is certainly a big consideration), its warranty voiding. When we purchased this expensive Tahoe (high country 4x4 with deluxe package and air ride), we also purchased the 100K mile GM extended warranty.

If we still have the Tahoe after the warranty is up (and still want to keep it) I'll probably pull the engine, rebuilt it and delete the DFM then. Until then GM can fix it (heck there is already a TSB out there for them to replace the engine now, see attached PDF)

Attachments

• replace engine TSB lifter bores.pdf
    144.9 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1