i need a favor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need a favor. can someone please tell me if there is an amp inside the stock rear sub. i threw mine away because it didnt. my rear pillar speakers were also blown so after i found some to replace those i found out that the wires for them were getting no power. if possible can someone disconnect their sub to see if the rear pillar speakers still work or not?

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no amp inside. I cant remember where the amp is but not in the sub box. I took mine out and cut it up and made a small amp rack out of it for my rockford. The speakers work with out the rear sub connected.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

oh...stop using (((((()))))) when starting a thread. Everybody hates that and will not look at your posts.

OP
OP
lilsolo68

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry i forgot about the ((())). its a habit and i use it on all the other forums with no problems. ill try to remember not to do it here. thanks for the info though.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if yours is a 00-02 the amp isn't in the sub box. 03-06 the amp and sub are in the center console. I think the amp is outside the sub box but not sure on that.

OP
OP
lilsolo68

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well mine is an 2000 and i was told that there was an amp located behind the glove box but im wondering if the removal of the stock sub box had something to do with my rear pillars not working. im thinking about running some speaker wires all the way back. if anyone has had this problem and has solved it please let me know what happend.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I can see it being annoying but almost didn't notice, I can tell you that I hate when people type long threads in all caps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap