I need to "raise" the bar....help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont go with that small of a lift. You will want to go bigger after awhile. Im at 10 and want to go higher already. Do a 6inch with 33's and you will clear easy. If you want to go bigger toss on a 3inch body and run some 35's -36's. If you cant tell I hate stuffed trucks.

OP
OP
unpredictableacts
Reaction score
Dont go with that small of a lift. You will want to go bigger after awhile. Im at 10 and want to go higher already. Do a 6inch with 33's and you will clear easy. If you want to go bigger toss on a 3inch body and run some 35's -36's. If you cant tell I hate stuffed trucks.

10"....not sure I will go that high my wife is a petite 5'3" and we are looking to start having children soon. I barely imagine her trying to put a kid in the back of it being stock height.'''What is a good, affordable 6" lift to look into?

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score

I'm going with 6" and 35's on mine. I don't consider that "stuffed" but some would. It's all relative.

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stuffed would be when you fit the biggest rim/tire you possibly can into the wheel well. A proper setup would allow you to still rotate or turn your rims/tires at full flex.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Most of the vehicles I have owned get 1" of lift per 1" increase in tire diameter. However, it does vary from vehicle to vehicle. If I lift my Yukon, it will be more like 2" of lift per 1" increase in tire diameter (damn narrow wheel well openings!).

duckpicker89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
aint nothing wrong with a body lift...ive got a 3 inch body lift and a 3 inch suspension lift and i can put mine in a frame twister and my 35 wont rub

CrashCade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are a couple options out there to be able to run a 37"

Bulletproof Suspensions offers a 12" kit that you can even run a Fox Coil-over on. However, I think their 8" kit on 35"s works and looks a lot better. That is originally what I was going to do. I just don't think that you can get full suspension cycle on the nnbs with a 37" tire because of the square wheel wells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate