I need your opinion please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewNali03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I am looking to buy a 2003 yukon denali with 197k, the guy wanted 8500 for it i got him to 7800, is that a good price for the mileage?The vehicle drives well and seems well taken care of.He said trans was replaced by previous owner but has no documentation to prove it.Interior and exterior looks excellent but i am somewhat concerned about having any trans issue with that kind of mileage.what do you think?

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
I think, as with any used purchase, take it to a mechanic. Have them look it over. I have a feeling with that milage, there are going to be some front end parts that need replacing right away if it hasn't been done already. Like the tie rods and whatnot. As for the price, after the mechanic tells you what he thinks, just check on kbb.com and some other car sites to see what the average price is for private sale with a vehicle in that condition with the milage it has. In good condition, KBB has that car selling from a private seller for just over $7300.

Last edited:

BigBlackTrain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
food for thought

I just bought my '03 Denali with 81K on the clock, in the best condition I could have ever dreamed of, for $14K cash....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk morgan