I thinkl my Hoe is going to $500.00 me to Death

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggauges85

Reaction score
Ummm....yeah so that is $242.00 for Pitman arm and idler arm instalation and front end alignment. then another $446.00 for whatever motor controls the Pitman arm and idler arm. Well....at least I don't have a car payment, and for those of you counting that is:
1) 1999 Tahoe-$3700.00
1) Power Brake assist $ 547.00
1) Pitman Arm and Idle arm replacement with alignment $242.00
1) Steering motor installed$446.00
thats $4935.00 in it total.
I love the truck,what the Hell, it's worth it

3700? no offense but i never would have paid that. what kind of job do you have cause i would love to make that kind of money. i'm not trying to be ******* ya but i guess i got lucky. my 99 yukon cost me 2300. nothing wrong with it other than high mileage (231k). but the motor and tranny were rebuilt 51k ago (have reciepts and 100k warranty) from the dealership.

but i do agree with raving madman. that is absurdly high, especially for simple repairs/replacements. i spent four years in the army as a mechanic and i learned as i went along. just ask someone on here for advice and buy the tools as you go along. before you know it you will have an arsenal of tools, can save yourself quite a chunk of change, and it will bring you closer to your truck. you can actually say "i fixed it myself" and it will make you feel proud.

for example, when i bought my yukon, the guy who sold it to me said the dealership was going to charge 300+ for the alternator to be rebuilt and installed and the transmission needed a servicing which would cost 250+. the alternator took me five minutes to take off and i took it to howards (a local alternator rebuilding shop) and it cost me 42$ and ten minutes of work. then for the transmission i just removed and cleaned the pan, replaced the filter, and filled it with tranny fluid. a total cost of 47$. so 89$ all together versus 550+. seems like a win win situation to me.:peace:

and i don't know about you, but that's a lot of beer money for me!:happy160:

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

From what I have heard they will last longer if you keep your truck above a 1/4 tank. Any below that the pump will get hot and wear out prematurely. The higher fuel in the tank keeps the pump cool.

actually there is some truth to that. all fuel injected vehicles have the fuel pumps inside the gas tanks and therefore cool fuel keeps the fuel pump cold.

i have a habit of staying above half a tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diablo1970