I wish to remove….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanda35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my “Premier“ badge on my the rear lift gate of my 2020 Tahoe (I am okay with the “Tahoe” badge). Has anyone ever done this? I watched several videos on YouTube regarding this (none were Tahoes) so I just want to be sure there aren’t pins that hold the badge to the body. Also, if my paint is in very good shape, will there be a problem with paint fade after the badge is removed? Thanks.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
my “Premier“ badge on my the rear lift gate of my 2020 Tahoe (I am okay with the “Tahoe” badge). Has anyone ever done this? I watched several videos on YouTube regarding this (none were Tahoes) so I just want to be sure there aren’t pins that hold the badge to the body. Also, if my paint is in very good shape, will there be a problem with paint fade after the badge is removed? Thanks.
As far as I know all emblems today are held on with double sided tape. There's many different ways to take them off. Guys usually heat them 1st then use something to scrape them off--usually a plastic scraper or some dental floss will do the trick. Use Goo Gone to remove the adhesive. It's only 3 yrs old so I don't think you'll have an issue with paint discoloration.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a heavy mono fishing line to saw them off then an eraser wheel for what is left. I always wanted to try braided fishing line.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed a few badges in my day. The best method for cleanest removal is a heat gun and slowly use your fingernail to pull the badge off the paint(work it slowly and use the heat gun pointing toward the adhesive as you peel it away). With that method the adhesive comes off with the badge and leaves no residue(as you can see in my picture below with all the adhesive still on the letter). Also you don’t want to rub or pry anything against the paint it will scratch. Using your finger pulling away from the paint with your knuckle touching the paint only to me is the safest method.

The dental floss method works but it leaves a mess and you’ll need to remove a ton of glue residue.

I did this on my challenger a few weeks ago:
IMG_2571.jpegIMG_2586.jpegIMG_2590.jpeg

Removed the chrome dodge letters and replaced with black. Since all the adhesive was still on the chrome letters I was able to use it in my garage for some wall art.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I removed a few badges in my day. The best method for cleanest removal is a heat gun and slowly use your fingernail to pull the badge off the paint(work it slowly and use the heat gun pointing toward the adhesive as you peel it away). With that method the adhesive comes off with the badge and leaves no residue(as you can see in my picture below with all the adhesive still on the letter). Also you don’t want to rub or pry anything against the paint it will scratch. Using your finger pulling away from the paint with your knuckle touching the paint only to me is the safest method.

The dental floss method works but it leaves a mess and you’ll need to remove a ton of glue residue.

I did this on my challenger a few weeks ago:
View attachment 440933View attachment 440934View attachment 440935

Removed the chrome dodge letters and replaced with black. Since all the adhesive was still on the chrome letters I was able to use it in my garage for some wall art.
You could also use a 3M eraser wheel to remove the residue. Works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
word 99

Latest posts