Idler/Pitman arm issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biloff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 05 Denali XL and I keep going through idler arms for the steering. I replaced the oem with Moog at 48k. I have gone through 2 moogs, basically one a year since. I know this is crap steering set up in the frist place.

I Tow a 26ft 4500lb travel trailer in summer and have 20in wheels, but other than that its my daily driver.

Does anyone have a better fix than aftermarket???? Go back to oem??? any thoughts or solutions would be appreciated.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, how do you know when it is gone, or going? My steering has been a bit sloppy lately and I tow also.

OP
OP
B

Biloff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Slopping steering is part of it, also when you are makeing turns you can hear a slight clunk. You can also feel what I describe as "shift" when turning. Its hard to explaing the feeling in the front, but you would know something isnt right.

l306x

Reaction score
grease it every month. I just replaced them on my 03 Denali at 176k the aftermarket units are not sealed like the original (the rubber boot is slip fit)so I assume regular grease is critical. and be sure to replace them both

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx