Im Back! here we go agian.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eldiablo

Reaction score
Well, I thought I was done for a long time. But, all that work and we only got five months out of her. The same hole I put the usd piston and rod in with new rings, now has only 30 lbs compresion. I guess I could throw some oil in her and see if it goes up, but does it really matter? She has 315 thousand on her. She was running so good. Better miledge smooth plenty of power, not like new but workable. Now she is missing and shaking. I put in a used piston, and new rings, did not measure anything, and she ran good. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. More than likely I got sent a piston with 200 thou or so, plenty shrunk should have measured. Fellas, what do I do? Pull the head agian, check it out, maybe a brand new piston and rings ?? I dont know. Its an 05, everything works well, original tranny rearend ect. Its like burying part of the family. Shoot even the 4wd works. Never a light until now and last time, I am stumped. Right now with all that is going on, not getting a car payment and need to stock up on water and food over buying another vehicle. Ah schucks I can pull the head in hour and half or so. Not agian.

OP
OP
E

Eldiablo

Reaction score
Your right, I followed up the compression test with the old oil in the cyclinder test, no change. So I wipped out the old cyclinder balance tester, and whola exhaust valve singing like a bird. So either I missed a slightly bent valve, which would be odd or there just wore out. I did a quickie clean up job and balance test on the valves, well see. Should be apart here in an hour or so. Amazon has a valve and piston if I need it. So hopefully, cross my fingers the whole job might not even cost a hundred bucks. That would be good. So I am just cruising through no hurry that is until sunday night. You know how women our with our trucks. Ill update. If you feel the earth wiggle, I must have found something bad. lol.

OP
OP
E

Eldiablo

Reaction score
okay guys got it all apart. When I pulled off the valve cover started buzzing of the rocker arm bolts I cam to the cyclnder with the problem, the intake rocker was off to the sided looked loose and thd push rod just sitting there! So this thing ran for six months. But my wife ran it down to three quarts of oil, right then, she hit a huge bump she said, grrr, do you think the lifter lost oil pressure colapsed and that is how the rocker got off????? the pushrod has like a rub mark all the way around where it comes through top of head??? Lifter is pumped right now. questions? I probablly could have put it back in line, torqued it up and put it back together. I pulled head anyways. The exhaust valve looks very clean becasue intake wasnt opening. What do I do? Grab a head gasket intake and put it back together and see what happens??????????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triton2690