Immobilizer? Bypass? How safe are these ignitions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tint the windows that you can legally, get a cheap basic alarm installed, keep shiny things out of sight.
if you are concerned more than that install a secret cut-off switch

Does CA still require your ID info to be attached to the steering column, out where it can be read through the window?

joe

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does CA still require your ID info to be attached to the steering column, out where it can be read through the window?

joe
Nooooo, hell that would be a big no, anyone could just look in your window and get some chicks address or come by for road rage later, f no

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Colorado gives us two registration cards, one with the address to keep in our files, and the other without, to put in the car so even if broken into, the owner's address isn't available from that. Of course, there are other things like insurance cards to blow that theory.

1724115575556.png

Raptor Tahoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
05 Tahoe

I'm curious how theft resistant these things are. I.e. can someone break the tabs on the ignition and start it with a screwdriver? Break the wheel lock, connect power, and not wire it? Etc
I am personally going to run a hidden kill switch to either the ECM ignition fuse or the ignition fuse to keep my 07 safe. I like the attached video, but would spend the extra time to hide the wires in looms and not use bright red wires. I like that it doesn’t require cutting any existing wires.

Raptor Tahoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am personally going to run a hidden kill switch to either the ECM ignition fuse or the ignition fuse to keep my 07 safe. I like the attached video, but would spend the extra time to hide the wires in looms and not use bright red wires. I like that it doesn’t require cutting any existing wires.

Actually, I may have found a much better solution that would be an easy install. I’ll keep everyone posted once installed. Will just jumper into the ECM ignition fuse with this solution…
1724209052279.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate