Instrument Panel, 2005 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blakesdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I stumbled across this site, and boy, what a wealth of information.. Where in the hell have I been... So from the get go, thank you for whoever started this website.

I have a 2005 Tahoe, my instrument panel over the last two years is slowly deteriorating. First was the tach, no big deal. The second a few months later was the oil pressure gauge, that kinda freaked me out being out of town, but soon figured out, it was only the gauge.

Few months later, in the same cluster went the amp meter. Last month the speedometer finally went. Its very erricadite. Somedays works perfectly, others its off by ore than 70 mph. I keep tabs on my speed via my GPS.

I credit my Tahoes longevity by the fact that it is a Chevy and my detail to engine mainteince. I'm religious about oil changes, fluid changes and the addition of BG products. Doesn't hurt that my local mechanic is three blocks away, either :)

Local mechanic insists that only a dealer can swap out instrument panel because it needs to be calibrated. I have nothing against my local dealer, its just a pain in the ass to get there.

Any clue how much and how long it will take to switch out the entire panel ??

Thank you all in advance

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like your stepper motors are bad, it was a recall but you have to be withing something like 70-80k miles I've heard. I replaced mine in about 15 minutes and it only cost me about $25 with the good replacement motors (switec I believe). If you are close to Wichita Falls, TX I would be glad to help you get it back on track.

Shawn74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Scottyboy I would like to send you some parts from my 05 tahoe to replace the bulbs with LED's. I have already had the instrument cluster done. But now I would like to do the rest. Can you send me a price on the job. HVAC control panel, Steering wheel switches, all 4 door switches, headlight and rear wiper switches. I can ship them to you. I guess we would do a payment with paypal. A guy from Z71 TS site reccomended you to me. So I came and joined the group to see if you would do it for me. But I also like the group too. Lots of great stuff here too.

Shawn Battles
205-233-1737
[email protected]

mares

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You just need to replace the stepper motors. Its not hard to do if you know how to solder.
I did a detailed write up on how to replace them.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42521
Just follow the instructions in that thread. If you are unsure of your soldering skills, I can replace them for you for a fee if you are willing to ship me your cluster.
Mr. Scotty Boy, I'd like to send in my 2005 Tahoe instrument to have it retrofitted with LED lights. Also having intermittent speedometer.. Need your address please, thanks, mares

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr. Scotty Boy, I'd like to send in my 2005 Tahoe instrument to have it retrofitted with LED lights. Also having intermittent speedometer.. Need your address please, thanks, mares

I sent you a Private Message with some pricing. :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM