Intake manafold gasket.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoobyxj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any particular brand recommended? I see some with a plastic/composite frame, and some are steel. One better than the other? Anyone use the Magnum Max Dry? Can I assume the Felpro one is good?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steel all the way

Get the problem solver version.

Can't remember what they called it exactly. Its is the most expensive one.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We used the felpro one, the one with the updated color gasket. Don't remember which color lol... also did knock sensors while we were there

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do..... don't use any plastic crap.

Its the reason you are there now

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fel pro permadry is the "problem solver" metal gasket. They are nice quality I just installed on my own and also a handful of customers and they work fine.

The green rubber/plastic ones work fine too. The green is supposed to be updated material to resist ethanol better. The issue was fuel dripping from the injectors and pooling on the gasket causing the rubber to get soft

OP
OP
scoobyxj

scoobyxj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used the felpro one, the one with the updated color gasket. Don't remember which color lol... also did knock sensors while we were there
Yeah that's what i'm doing actually. I got the FelPro one with the steel frame in the order list.

What about the lifter valley gasket set? Necessary?

Here's what I gt on the order for the job.

2 AC Delco knock sensors
1 Felpro Perma Dry intake gasket (that is the steel one)
1 Felpro throttle body gasket (I don't know if I'll need that or not, but it's only 5 bucks)
1 Dorman knock sensor wiring harnes
1 Felpro lifter valley cover set gasket kit (Has gasket for the valley cover, and looks like two small gaskets that would seal the sensor holes)

jbb01

Reaction score
Just changed mine with felpro perma dry. Did the knock sensors and reused gaskets as they looked good. Word of caution is plastic wire harness can break when removing from sensor...ask me how I know. Luckily didn't damage the connector

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313