Interior L.E.D. bulb numbers for 2007 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeLuv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm brand new to the site and I know that this topic has been covered already a few times but I'm a little confused still. I want to replace all interior lights with LED's but I want to make sure i'm buying the correct ones. For the Map & Dome bulbs (1st and 2nd row of truck) I believe I need the 42mm, 212 bulbs which I would need (4) bulbs total. On sylvania.com it gives the cateory of Trunk/Cargo area, now is this the 3rd row of lights, where the 3rd row seats are??? So are these a different bulb number? Or do I order 3 sets of the 212 bulb because all interior lights are the same??

Thank you very much for your help

:)

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
All interior headliner bulbs are the same, so you will need six 212 bulbs, in size 42mm I believe.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search the forum, there are plenty of threads.
Dome - (6) 212 [42mm]
License Plate - (2) 194
Puddle Lamps - (2) 194

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the plastic dome light cover in a tahoe? Trying to change out dome light and I can't get the cover off for some reason and I dont want to break it. Thanks for the help in advance guys.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You just pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use a thin flat blade GENTLY pry on the long side of the lens starting about 1/2 inch from the corner. As you are prying don't torque hard or you can snap off the little "ears" that secure the lens. Installation is in reverse.....ENJOY.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thin flat blade worked great! Got all six interior led lights installed with ease. Used the white 44m 212 festoon bulbs.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my interior/exterior led lights and one license plate led bulb went out and one of my interior dome lights is flickering. Anyone else having issues with there's? Bottom line: don't buy cheap led lights. Where do you guys recommend I get some?

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of things you need to do with the cheap or expensive ones. On the license and puddle lamps I found a little squirt of silicone spray and plugging and unplugging the lamps a few times cleaned the contacts which have a tendency to get a bit of light corrosion on them (pretty normal). Second on the dome lights before installing again a tiny squirt of silicone always helps and then squeeze the contacts together so when you install the lamps they are tight. Most of the american size of dome lamp is 44mm where most LED's are made at 42mm. That tiny difference can cause the flickering you are having.

Hope this helps.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The exterior license plate LED was the one that was flickering. Opened it up and found that half the LEDs burnt out (ONE WEEK OLD). Then I just opened up my front interior led's up-- One of them only had 2 out of 8 LED lights on (rest of them DEAD) and the other one had 4 out of 8 LED lights on. They SUCK. I already emailed both of the ebay sellers on how to proceed. I am posting both links below on which ones NOT to buy.

DO NOT BUY EITHER OF THESE:

Interior LED's:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330479230612&viewitem=#ht_1388wt_1167

Exterior LED's
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400148522349

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365