Intermittent misfire or shudder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zzzzzap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Tahoe 5.3 with 116,000 miles. It recently began to shudder under a load such as going up hill with slight acceleration. At first I thought it may be the transmission but it feels more like a lack of power or misfire. It's not setting any codes. I feel it in the steering wheel and in the seats. I've changed the plugs but the problem stayed. I ran a can of SeaFoam injector cleaner through it but that didn't help either. Can a failing coil pack produce this symptom?

Last edited:

2007tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Tahoe 5.3 with 116,000 miles. It recently began to shudder under a load such as going up hill with slight acceleration. At first I thought it may be the transmission but it feel more like a lack of power or misfire. It's not setting any codes. I feel it in the steering wheel and in the seats. I've changed the plugs but the problem stayed. I ran a can of SeaFoam injector cleaner through it but that didn't help either. Can a failing coil pack produce this symptom?

Any newer car I have worked on always throws a cyl misfire cell when a cyl is not fireing properly. With that many miles and being a 4l60e trans I would deff get the trans checked out.

ga41

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same problem on an 03 Tahoe and it eventually just went away.. I now have it on an 05 Sierra and it is worse, both over 100k. I asked my favorite go to chevy tech and he said no on coil packs. I put a set of delco wires I purchased from Amazon and I am a bit suspicious of there. I read of another owner who got a defective set there so I have ordered a set from a "regular" supplier. No codes here as well on either vehicle

dsl100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
with that issue did your fuel mileage drop a bit as well? Similar Issue here ,no codes buddy (tech ut a scanner on it , not really detecting an issue other than he sees it is running rich (suspect it had a vacuum leak, but have yet to find it)we were seeing 17-18ish combined fuel mileage ,now down to 13-14 .(07 5.3 yukon)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian