Intermittent starting issue 2011 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dadnali68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, just got the truck a few days ago. Previous owner said it was great but had some issues but he thought he had fixed it. He was wrong. No lights on the dash, turn key, no click no start. Sometimes it's a few minutes of turning the key until it starts, sometimes it starts right away. Sometimes remote start works, sometimes it doesn't. Last owner replaced battery, starter, transmission, and fuse block. I know I need to look at the wiring near the battery for corrosion. And next time is doesn't start I need to probe the starter to see if it's getting proper voltage. I'm going to redo the ground in the engine compartment soon as well. Any other ideas would be great. I also have an idea for a work around I'd like to toss out there. I used to crew for a drag car. We had a second starter switch on the firewall so we could bump the motor to check valve lash. Would I be insane to just say F-it and wire in a second starter on the firewall to bypass whatever the issue is and just use it when the truck refuses to start? Would love to know your thoughts. I really like this truck and I want it work for me. I got it for a great price and it's still really clean for the age and milage. I want to do right by it so it will do right by me and my newly expanded family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stickle