Intro & planning post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

That is a VERY nicely kept truck. I'm sure that you are proud of it.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built up a 4L60E and zero regrets. They can be a strong reliable transmission...

I also built a 6.0L. Bought all the parts and assembled it myself with custom valvetrain. However with $$ I have into my build for like maybe $1000 more I could have done a 7.0L. If you want a super fast sleeper go with the 7.0L.

The rear end... not sure is that a 14 bolt already? You don't need anything more than a factory 14 bolt. I have the stock 10 bolt with no issues and a 6.0L. Been looking for a 14-bolt junkard special but haven't found one.

I tuned truck myself using HP Tuners software and wideband. Fuel is somewhat straight forward to tune. Speak, you may like to take into a shop to do but if you're feeling adventurous enough can do it yourself.

The 7.0L may require different fuel aystem... a likely comparison would be the 8.1L big block suburban... I'd look at what pump and lines it has. Although the 7.0L can easily be configured for 600HP or more. I think the 8.1L is much less.

Been on this journey building a mountain climbing beast for about 7 years now. Lots of help from forum here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1