Irregular Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish i could offer more help. Almost every time this issue came up, a thorough cleaning of the TB (removing it completely and cleaning both sides) and disconnect the battery for 5 minutes always cleared it up.

Like said above, go get checked for codes. Not all codes trip a check engine light.

brad6603

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will try removing the TB entirely and cleaning really good and replacing the gaskets. I've heard rumors that my year model has bad throttle bodies and a brand new one might cure my problem. I have no check engine lights.

atomemphis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you ever get this resolved?

I have an irregular / lumpy idle with 01 Tahoe LT (5.3L) at stop, while in gear, and its more extreme when the A/C is on. Truck runs great with foot applying slight pressure to gas pedal while at a stop, and of course it drives great once you are moving. I've cleaned TB, didn't fix it. I swapped it a BBK throttle body I got pretty cheap - still not fixed. Checked for vacuum leaks and didn't find any, truck is not running lean. Was suggested that servo motor that adjusts throttle may be the culprit - could have worn out / incapable of functioning at low input. Thoughts?

I can't seem to find that stupid cylindrical assembly by itself though, looks like I'll be buying a whole new throttle body assembly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus