is it hard to replace carpet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it hard to replace the carpet in these trucks. my 01 is clean looking, but the previous owner had a damn wolf dog and when it gets hot it smells a hint of wet dog or something. i already have shampooed it and used auto fabreeze on it.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not hard, just a little time consuming. You have to remove all the seats of course, door sill trim, kick panels, b-pillar trim, rear quarter trim and liftgate sill, center console, and the trim between the 2nd row seat and cargo area. You might be able to get away with not removing the rear inner quarter trim and just pull the carpet from underneath the trim then slide it back into place.

OP
OP
YNOT

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's pretty expensive, where do guys get it from. i see they sell the passenger and cargo area separate.

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a wolfdog so I know how this can be. Compared to my husky which actually smells kinda pleasant the dog downright stinks sometimes. Like JK said it isn't hard to replace carpet I just did it in my denali (oregon mud makes short work of tan carpet.) But at least you have an excuse to dynamat it or something while the carpet is out. Good luck.

OP
OP
YNOT

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i saw that stockinteriors.com last night when i was searching. i think i'm going to actually rent a shampooer and hope that works, because it isn't that bad. i actually didn't smell it today and it was warm out. then i'd like to spend my money on good rubber catch all mats, and maybe a rubber one for the cargo area.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would probably be money well spent. My Akita Shepherd rides around with me pretty often, so I have hair everywhere. He usually smells pretty good though, so I throw a blanket down on the rear bench and let him chill on the seats. :)

Try to exhaust all of your de-stinking options before jumping on new carpet. It would take a while to do. I know that's not an option for me since I need my truck pretty much every day.

OP
OP
YNOT

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
much better, i just paid the pros to shampoo all the carpet and mats. i still want to get rubber catch all mats and a cargo area one to. is weather tech or whatever the only good brand? what brand choices are good? what website?

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WeatherTech makes some awesome stuff, their DigitalFit mats are expensive but are completely fitted to the floorpan of the vehicle. IIRC it's about $200 for a full kit, which includes front floors, rear floors, and the cargo area.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp.aspx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty