2025 Yukon/YukonXL Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion... is that they should have just adopted the new Chevy dashboard for the Elevation and AT4 trim levels. They can utilize the Yukon specific dashboard on the AT4 Ultimate, Denali, and Denali Ultimate trims.

I don't mind if the vehicle is used for severe duty fleets. I think that's how some design flaws get flushed out and corrected (ie. 1 vs 2 bolt rear diffs for the Explorers).
Yeah but badge engineering is bad enough. Need more differentiation.

And the tahoe/suburban exists if you want that.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as screen going out, probably rare but it does happen. About 2 years ago a buddy of mine got a brand new Ford Expedition Platinum model and it was friggen awesome! Except for the huge center screen in my opinion. Kinda ugly and looks like they just stuck a big iPad on the dashboard. That truck was so nice, roomy and drove great. That’s what inspired me to sell my 2014 Chevy Express van and get one of the big SUV’s. Expedition was on top of the list but the screen and the fact it wasn’t V8 was a huge negative for me.

Anyway, about 2 weeks of ownership and my buddy shows up in a rental. I asked him what was up and he told me that his new Expedition was in the shop. Screen went out and with that model he couldn’t control anything, no AC and we are in Florida!

They eventually fixed it but couple days without the truck because the screen went out.

The current models 21+ have the same functionality as the redesign. They have buttons but still need the screen.

Are you referring to the Expedition? If so, the ones with the horizontal screen have dedicated HVAC buttons/controls that are independent of the screen. We had a 2023 Expedition Max Limited as a rental for a week and a running club neighbor has a Expedition Platinum (which forces you into the vertical screen with very few buttons). The preference was definitely the horizontal screen with dedicated buttons. With the horizontal screen and dedicated HVAC controls, if your screen went out your infotainment system won't work but at least you'll have climate control in the cabin.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Expedition? If so, the ones with the horizontal screen have dedicated HVAC buttons/controls that are independent of the screen. We had a 2023 Expedition Max Limited as a rental for a week and a running club neighbor has a Expedition Platinum (which forces you into the vertical screen with very few buttons). The preference was definitely the horizontal screen with dedicated buttons. With the horizontal screen and dedicated HVAC controls, if your screen went out your infotainment system won't work but at least you'll have climate control in the cabin.
The pre refresh 21+ gm full size have physical buttons for hvac but you still need the screen to see what's happening outside of temp displays.

The refreshed model with the toggles still need the screen in the same way.

So they are the same in that regard.

I'd never consider the ford. Not visually appealing. Terrible resale. Horrible powertrains. Only thing they get right are tethers and the middle head rest in the third row lol.

To each their own.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pre refresh 21+ gm full size have physical buttons for hvac but you still need the screen to see what's happening outside of temp displays.

The refreshed model with the toggles still need the screen in the same way.

So they are the same in that regard.

I'd never consider the ford. Not visually appealing. Terrible resale. Horrible powertrains. Only thing they get right are tethers and the middle head rest in the third row lol.

To each their own.

For 1/2 ton based SUVs, I prefer the GM especially with the way Ford went with the 2025 Expedition.

But there are things that Ford does better than GM:
1. Their engines are largely proofed out at this point with the 3.5EB. GM's is having unusual problems with lifters for their NA V8s and the bottom end of the 6.2. I'm still convinced that over the long term (100+k miles) a NA V8 will be easier to repair/service than any of the other options for both GM and Ford.
2. Ford transmission programming from 2021-2024 wasn't up to par and they had some physical defects with the transmissions. I believe these are largely resolved in 2024 for the F150 with their mid cycle refresh. I would expect to see the same improvements on the Expedition. GM's transmission cooling design is superior to Ford's (excluding the F150 Raptor and F150 Police Responder transmission cooling designs).
3. The seats in Ford are typically better and more comfortable. The GM seats were fine for me during our test drives in the pre 2025 Yukon, but I can see why people (and most reviewers) would rate Ford seats higher than GM seats.
4. I don't pay too much attention to resale value and you should assume the value of your car is $0 right after you take delivery. The market can change and that's out of your control. In the grand scheme of things, resale value won't vary that much. If resale value is excellent (like on most Toyotas), why bother buying used - just get it brand new? Personally, half of our vehicles are in near stock powertrain configuration and have been used on the track for HPDEs, etc. The powertrains/engines have been consumable parts. If you're doing that extensively and the cost of that makes the minor depreciation differences between similar brands inconsequential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty

Latest posts