Is it possible for this to go bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Today, once again i pulled of my tailights. COmpetely. Installed the new fuse. It didnt blow. Everything works fine, then i shake the wires around that connect to the taillight if a wire is bare or something. Nothing happens, the fuse is still good to go. Now, i plug in my taillights. It takes about 3-4 minutes but after that time . It blows. So, im thinking that the whole board in each of the taillights has gone bad....Is that common with our trucks?

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
They were filled i mean filled with corrosion and some kind of di electric grease buildup. And they look very beat up so...im guessing its those. Ill order some now.

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Thanks alot haks, I found both the Left and right side on ebay for $30 shipped. Ill try that. Im really hoping thats the problem

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Wait! There is more! Then you can put in a LED back up light for another $50!!

I would go with either one, they are both nice lookin'. Think the red ones would fit your 'Hoe more though.

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver side board went out the other day. Im comtemplating getting some LED's in as well

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
You can replace the board and get LED bulbs to replace the halogen ones. Or you can get the whole LED taillight assembly, like the ones 350 posted up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO