is there a fuse that powers just the door lock/window LEds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaC851

Reaction score
Over the past couple weeks I've been in the process of changing my LEDs in my truck. 2 weeks ago I replaced just the 2 rear window switches and soldered new LEDS on teh board. The very next day I did the front doors....the day after that...I did the front HVAC controls.

Fast forward to today....all 4 doors switch lights stopped working. WTF?

Anyone have any clue as to what happen...I could understand if one door quit working...but all four at once?

OP
OP
Z

ZaC851

Reaction score
Anyone??

I've checked all the obvious fews that I would think it would be.

Still all 4 door lock/window buttons no longer illuminate. Not sure what else to check

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The windows work right and you have no lights??? Sounds like a problem with the soldering job or the LEDs were not the correct ones for 12v

OP
OP
Z

ZaC851

Reaction score
The windows work right and you have no lights??? Sounds like a problem with the soldering job or the LEDs were not the correct ones for 12v

Yea all the windows work. Just no illumination.

I would agree it does sound like a problem with my soldering....but all 4 doors would not go out at once maybe one LED...but not all of them.....the HVAC controls are still fine.

I just came from out there playing with them....Heres what I found....I tested some NEW LEDs on there...those do not work either....so that tells me that they are just not getting power.....but why

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you sure you don't have them soldered wrong? as in positive to negative and vice versa?

OP
OP
Z

ZaC851

Reaction score
you sure you don't have them soldered wrong? as in positive to negative and vice versa?

they worked for a week and a half. But like I said, I tried some new ones last night because I thought the bulbs burnt up (even though I used a 470ohm resister) and the news didnt work either. It has to be a fuse or something that powers Illumination...This is quite annoying not being able to see the locks, windows, and mirror buttons at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newTahoeguy