Is there a list that shows wheel/year options? Ex: What other years are options for 2016? 22" >>20"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnUSA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey gang. I have 2016 LTZ, wearing factory 22". It's my understanding that 20" were factory option, with this size: 275/55R20. I'm looking at switching to 20's.

I thought I pinned down the years that go straight across with problem is 2015 to 2020, as I read in another thread that 2021+ TPMS are not compatible. So, I drew the conclusion that 2020 was it. Then I read that it was 2019 that GM changed pressure something or other, so a TPMS change out was needed.

Also, are Silverado wheels a straight across option? Or, are there offset issues? Again, on another thread, I read that some wheels need spacers. Something about larger calipers, but there is another rabbit hole to go down, figure out which, if any, between 2015-2020 have larger calipers (or not).

And yet another thread seemed to indicate that 4x4 had a different consideration in wheel size vs 2x4, meaning some 2x4 wheels won't fit on a 4x4.

Thought this would be an easier task...

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Call your local dealer and get the OEM stock 20" wheel specs (wheel width and offset). You can also ask what year the TPMS frequency was changed.

Caliper size won't be an issue for you with 20" wheels, nor will you need any spacers if you go with the OEM stock 20" wheel spec and recommended tire size.

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is annoying to do but whoever mounts and balances tires for you can swap the TPMS from your existing wheels to the new ones. I paid $27 a wheel for new TPMS sensors on my new-to-me snowflakes I just put on my 2015 to save my friend the hassle of retrieving the existing ones and to make my old set more attractive when selling. You should be able to run anything 18" or above from 2008 to current as far as fitment goes if it is a factory wheel off of a 1500 truck or SUV unless you've got the 6 piston monster brakes from the PPV or Escalade.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try hubcaphaven.com
They list all wheels for each vehicle an year. Awesome research option

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang. I have 2016 LTZ, wearing factory 22". It's my understanding that 20" were factory option, with this size: 275/55R20. I'm looking at switching to 20's.

I thought I pinned down the years that go straight across with problem is 2015 to 2020, as I read in another thread that 2021+ TPMS are not compatible. So, I drew the conclusion that 2020 was it. Then I read that it was 2019 that GM changed pressure something or other, so a TPMS change out was needed.

Also, are Silverado wheels a straight across option? Or, are there offset issues? Again, on another thread, I read that some wheels need spacers. Something about larger calipers, but there is another rabbit hole to go down, figure out which, if any, between 2015-2020 have larger calipers (or not).

And yet another thread seemed to indicate that 4x4 had a different consideration in wheel size vs 2x4, meaning some 2x4 wheels won't fit on a 4x4.

Thought this would be an easier task...
To answer your question regarding 2WD vs 4WD wheels. That’s only an issue for the GMT400 platform. That’s where 2WD SUVs and pickups had a different bolt patterned wheel than their 4WD counter parts. Which because you have a 2016 does not affect you whatsoever.

Basically with 2000 all the way to current model, if it’s got a 6x5.5” bolt pattern it’ll fit. Depending on the offset spacers may be needed to clear but it’s highly unlikely. Most of the GM OEM wheels have very closely similar offsets.

unless you’re going to an aftermarket rim setup you shouldn’t need to worry about the offset and spacers.

Each generation of GM SUVs and pickups run a different frequency for tire pressure sensors. So for example the GMT800s(2000-2006) run a different frequency sensor than the GMT900s(2007-2014) and the K1 platform rigs(2015-2020) run a different frequency sensor than the newer T1 platform rigs(2021-current) so if you end up with factory take offs you will need to move the sensors from the current wheels mounted to your 2016 to the new wheels. Or new sensors specifically for your year if you have any no good sensors. Wheel upgrades are a good time to replace TPMS.

buckwild27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're thinking about going bigger brake calipers get the wheels off the T1 generation so they will clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoyZ71