Is there such a thing as a heated steering wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
This is something that has bugged me for a while. 20 years ago I had hand warmers on my snowmobile. Why can't someone create a heated steering wheel? Can't be that hard. I've got heated mirrors and seats, why can't my hands be warm, too??

Anyone ever heard of or seen a heated steering wheel?

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Guess I'm going to have to get a new Denali now.

Wonder if I could just get the steering wheel on mine. That'd make cold winter morning driving more bearable.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
moms 08 srx caddy has that option. Pretty nice feature, but id never buy a car just because of it. Ill have my grandma knit me up some mittens! haha

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
lol

Yeah, it's not a deal-breaker or anything, I was just wondering why I had never seen that option before when I've had heated seats and mirrors on a couple of vehicles. Makes sense to keep the fingers warm since that's what you're driving with. Up here when it's -25 and the car is still cold after the autostart has been running for 20 minutes, it would be a nice feature. ;)

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
haha I bet! you need a space heater plugged in the cig outlet! lol

I have seriously considered that, actually. Got a converter and everything. Already had a little heater....lol. I went with the autostart instead. It does the trick on all but the coldest of days.

I'd also like to get a heated windshield for the Denali. I had that on my other car, and it was great on mornings after snow combined with autostart. It would just melt the snow off for you while the car warmed up. At least in the places it was heated (the bottom quarter or so, around the wipers so they don't ice up).

VT19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guess I'm going to have to get a new Denali now.

Wonder if I could just get the steering wheel on mine. That'd make cold winter morning driving more bearable.

get the heated steering wheel off a new one and wire it into your accessory fuse that your heated seats are on and wa la.

andrewmoore13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering this too. good question and i like that last idea. its very tempting. but a lot of work...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms