Issues with Infotainment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Tahoe RST. I really like the vehicle. I am experiencing two issues with the Infotainment System. First, while driving, the Infotainment System will randomly shut off and restart. The screen states, "Device is starting." I have attached a photo. If I am driving and on a call, the call will drop off the system but still be on my phone. Second, if listening to the audio, whether radio or sirus, the audio will cut off for a second or two and come back on. Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• Photo Device Starting.png
    Photo Device Starting.png
    163.5 KB · Views: 4

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take it to the dealer and try to replicate problem for dealer. otherwise nothing you can do but maybe request the dealer install any available calibrations.

OP
OP
J

James777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Tahoe RST. I really like the vehicle. I am experiencing two issues with the Infotainment System. First, while driving, the Infotainment System will randomly shut off and restart. The screen states, "Device is starting." I have attached a photo. If I am driving and on a call, the call will drop off the system but still be on my phone. Second, if listening to the audio, whether radio or sirus, the audio will cut off for a second or two and come back on. Any advice is appreciated.
UPDATE: I contacted the service manager at the local Chevy dealership and he advised me to disconnect the battery terminal for a couple of minutes and then connect and see if the issue is resolved. I disconnected the negative terminal for a couple of minutes and once connected back, I have not experienced any additional issues with the Infotainment system rebooting or restarting at random times.

23 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: I contacted the service manager at the local Chevy dealership and he advised me to disconnect the battery terminal for a couple of minutes and then connect and see if the issue is resolved. I disconnected the negative terminal for a couple of minutes and once connected back, I have not experienced any additional issues with the Infotainment system rebooting or restarting at random times.
Thanks for the follow up.

NhrTPA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Tahoe. For the past month either the outside ambient temperature is wrong by 20° or the clock is wrong by 11 minutes. Took it to the dealership and now they have had it for a week. Apparently the computer system that runs the infotainment and radio system believes that the vehicle is a 2022 Chevrolet van. They don’t know how this has happened but that’s is what is causing my glitches. Likely more was off that I didn’t notice. They have to remove the entire dash to get to the part that controls all of it. This vehicle had had 3 AC warranty repairs and a fuel injection failure and I don’t have 20k miles on it yet. This seems like a small thing but if your car computer thinks it’s cooler out then it is then the air conditioning doesn’t work properly and the engine is not being cooled properly.

BacDoc

Reaction score
Did you buy it new?
Do you have any information on the history?

Problem with these new technology vehicles is they are like cell phones and computers - if you buy a used one you have to know the history as previous data is stored in there. My wife got a new “reconditioned” IPhone for a warranty claim and it was an upgrade great deal but she still gets calls related to previous number even though it was different. Not that big of a deal but you would think they could clear everything so stuff like this would not happen. Technology has advanced but issues have advanced proportionally.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you buy it new?
Do you have any information on the history?

Problem with these new technology vehicles is they are like cell phones and computers - if you buy a used one you have to know the history as previous data is stored in there. My wife got a new “reconditioned” IPhone for a warranty claim and it was an upgrade great deal but she still gets calls related to previous number even though it was different. Not that big of a deal but you would think they could clear everything so stuff like this would not happen. Technology has advanced but issues have advanced proportionally.
Having worked with quite a few accidental programmers I endorse this message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsanchezz