just bought 2002 denali xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came across this Denali and picked it up... One owner 175k dealer maintained. Glad to be back in another Denali. Now decide to keep these 20s and lower it or put some 24s on it and lower it. Will be towing my Cadillac to car shows so still need to be able to tow. Now to decide what to do!.unnamed (4).jpg unnamed (5).jpg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I see that you have experience with bigger wheels. Not sure that I would choose to go that route if I was intending to use it as a tow vehicle. Obviously you are aware of the difference. What lowering options are you considering? Definitely looks like too much gap on your current setup!

OP
OP
04xl

04xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I see that you have experience with bigger wheels. Not sure that I would choose to go that route if I was intending to use it as a tow vehicle. Obviously you are aware of the difference. What lowering options are you considering? Definitely looks like too much gap on your current setup!
Yes I have had a few of them but never towed on anything bigger than a 20. I was thinking of maybe just doing a leveling kit in the rear or a 2/3 drop and keeping the 20s. I have been searching around looking at different posts about other people towing with big rims still gotta do more research but thinking i will stay 24s and lower

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have had a few of them but never towed on anything bigger than a 20. I was thinking of maybe just doing a leveling kit in the rear or a 2/3 drop and keeping the 20s. I have been searching around looking at different posts about other people towing with big rims still gotta do more research but thinking i will stay 24s and lower

A nice 2/3 with helper bags and 20-22" should tow nicely.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow with mine being lowered 3/6 helper bags in rear, and on either set of 22s Esky or 375s. Tows great

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tow with my 02 Denali lowered on 26's and it works great with Autoride working. If you remove or disable Autoride I would stay with the 20-22's. I've loaded my trailer with 2 tons of yard debris and it maintains the rear ride height. It actually tows better than a stock I believe, with my suspension mods. Hauls ass and looks awesome at the same time!

IMG_5599.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts