My 2013 Yukon XL 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airman68

Reaction score
Nasty plugs. if it had different plugs, might be with it to replace the wires too. As far as the AFM disable. The easiest thing to do is just a module plugged into the OBD port. Then no worries, just unplug it before your test. No software. I bought this one on Amazon and it worked better than the Range brand unit I had before. At least your covered until you can get it deleted or whatever you do.

RA003 Active Fuel Management Disabler Device, AFM/DFM Disabler Device Compatible with most GM V6 and V8 Vehicles​

Brand: GREATUS

OP
OP
BigDogYJ

BigDogYJ

Reaction score
Nasty plugs. if it had different plugs, might be with it to replace the wires too. As far as the AFM disable. The easiest thing to do is just a module plugged into the OBD port. Then no worries, just unplug it before your test. No software. I bought this one on Amazon and it worked better than the Range brand unit I had before. At least your covered until you can get it deleted or whatever you do.

RA003 Active Fuel Management Disabler Device, AFM/DFM Disabler Device Compatible with most GM V6 and V8 Vehicles​

Brand: GREATUS
Unfortunately the way those AFM disablers work is to cause an interference with the monitoring tests and when a code appears in the computer it automatically clears it. So if thats the case I would need to still drive for a bit to pass the tests that were interrupted.
Or at least thats my understanding of it.

OP
OP
BigDogYJ

BigDogYJ

Reaction score
Good news! It passed with the Evap monitoring test still pending. apparently as long as all the others have passed with no DTC's and that one test is pending (not failed) then it will pass. Heading out of town this weekend but I'll be tuning AFM out of it as soon as I get back. then figuring out what I'm going to do next.

OP
OP
BigDogYJ

BigDogYJ

Reaction score
And Just for the record it had a bunch of little things that needed attention that I've taken care of:
- Rear defroster glass tab broken off (repaired with permatex kit)
- door panel lock rattle (tesa fuzzy tape on back side kept them from rattling)
- rear window glass release button (new button)
- front windshield cowl trim around hood hinges (rubber all dried out and broken out of it)
- both rear door window switches would roll down but not roll up (driver could roll them up) -- new switches fixed the problem
- Greased all door latches and hinges
- greased middle row folding seat mech hinges
- treated all rubber weatherstripping

After driving it for last few days or so I made a note of a few things that still need addressing:
- new struts/shocks front/rear
- new license plate bulb
- front side marker bulb
- rear side marker bulbs
- drain and refill Tcase, Trans, F/R Diff fluids
- flush power steering fluid
- cerakote treatment for all black trim
- cerakote treatment for headlight and taillight housings
- touch up a couple chips on the bumpers

All in all pretty minor stuff. Just some general maintenance and cleaning and a few worn out pieces that needed to be replaced. other than that it'll be a pretty good runner once the AFM garbage is removed. Back at it next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1